2010年11月15日月曜日

simple "azuma bukuro bag" tutorial



A whole days ago, I received a email from one of my customer if I could sell this pattern or not.

I have been thinking to make the pattern and tutorial for some time.
To make the bag is not difficult, if you have sewing experience.
So here is the result tutorial!! (This is the tutorial in English! This is not easy for me. It makes me crazy!!)
First I though about selling the pattern and tutorial on my Etsy store. However, I changed my mind.
Instead of selling it, I decided to share the tutorial HERE on my blog!!

I would like to ask please respect the following rules :
- for personal use only.
- this is not intended for commercial use.
- do not sell the copy of tutorial.


All right! Now we are ready to go!


*******************************************
First of all, the figure which shown the below is a basic rule to make azuma bukuro bag.



Basic Rule
 Azuma bukuro is made from one rectangular fabric.


 - The total width length is always 3 times more than the one of the height. Then please add your seam allowance around the rectangular. ( my seam allowance is 1/2")
- sew 1 and 2 , 5 and 6 right side together. ( This process make the shape of the bag).

Ok, I will show you the process step by step. :)

1. prepare your fabric by follow the basic rule.

size small: 12" x 36" plus seam allowance
size medium: 14" x 42" plus seam allowance
size large: 17" x 51" plus seam allowance

2. sew all 4 edges around the fabric (4 edges), just like that.




sew all the edges around of the fabric.


3. Fold one side.



4. and fold another side to make sure you have an even square.





just like that!
 5. Open one side up which you fold, and sew this line, right side together.



This means sew 1 and 2 together


stitch here just right next to the seam
 Repeat same process, sew 5 and 6 right side together. But be careful not to sew No.4 line together at this time!


6. Pick up your bag, you are going to be surprised! WOW! It is the "azuma bukuro bag" !!

Basically, this is how to make the azuma bukuro bag. That is it!  Super very easy. :)

From here, I am going to show you the optional process to make the bag strong.


7. press the seam to the one side.





This is the view from right side



8. machine stitch on the right side





Probably you can not sew by the end of the corner. But it is fine.

Sew as much as you can!



9. sew the corner. I sew 3"- 4" for the size small and medium.



10. Turn to the right side!




Yeah!! You made it!!


If you wish to make your bag two pattern. Prepare your fabric just like the figure below.



always follow the basic rule: width = A x 3

Put your holiday cookies inside and carry!!


Note:
-The bag made from this tutorial is slightly different from the one I made for my shop.
 But I think this is more easy to show the people how to make the bag.
-However, you can make the bag reversible, I recommend to choose a fabric that is not too thick.
 Because if the fabric is thick, it will be difficult to tie the knot.

If you make the bag, let me know!  I'd like to hear what you think.
If you leave the comment, I really appreciate it.

Also if you leave your link, I am happy to visit your blog!

Thank you everyone!

Have a happy sewing.

14 件のコメント:

Speckled Hen さんのコメント...

Thank you for this easy to follow tutorial. I am going to have a go at sewing an azuma bag.

Unknown さんのコメント...

This is a very detailed and nice tutorial! Arigato!  私も何度か挑戦していますが、作品の作り方公開は大変な作業ですよね、お疲れ様でした。 とてもわかりやすくて、私も作ってみたくなりました!!

cocostitch さんのコメント...

Hello Speckled Hen! Thank you for reading.
Good Luck with your azuma bukuro! Enjoy sewing!! If you have any questions, contact me anytime! :)

cocostitch さんのコメント...

Hello Amy san!
Tutorial, 英語だったのですんごーーく時間がかかりました。丸4日位?!(汗)どうでしょう?皆に伝わるかな~。
変な英語表現があったら言ってくださいね!直しますから!!

Wendy さんのコメント...

thank you so much, I love these bags!

elnorac さんのコメント...

Lovely tutorial! Thank you for taking the time to teach us this wonderful bag!

coco stitch さんのコメント...

thank you ladies, enjoy your azuma bukuro bag!

beth さんのコメント...

great tuturial. I'm off to make one. ;)

匿名 さんのコメント...

farò senz'altro questa borsa e non solo per mia figlia ma ancche per me. molto particolare e poi si può rendere originale e unica come si vuole. già l'anno scorso ne ho fatta un'altra per ia figlia che ama queste cose particolari ma quest'anno voglio farne altre due. complimenti per la fantasia al popolo giapponese...
grazie di tutto.
nadiab55

Ep さんのコメント...

Thank you for such a simple set of instructions, for such a practical little bag!

lucydawn さんのコメント...

This tutorial is great. I made two bags today without a single hiccough! Thank you so very much for the excellent and thorough instructions.

Mariazalée さんのコメント...

Thank you for this pattern! I don't speak english very well, but with the excellent pictures and instructions it was very simple!

Ali Kayn さんのコメント...

Wow, I had to guess at the correct links as they all appear in Japanese in my browser.

Thank you for your pattern and tutorial, I will have to find a use for one. I am trying to find the best reversible, shoulder length knot bag. It is very hard to sew a straight line at 5 a.m.!

I have started a facebook page for my interest in Zakka, and I've listed your link. When I finish building my web site I will put the link there.

https://www.facebook.com/ZakkaWithAli/

ALi

Unknown さんのコメント...

This is an absolutely PERFECT tutorial, thank you so much for putting it up.